Monday, February 18, 2013

The Chronicles of the Dancing Egg
Part 2

Friday 2/8/13 9am - 5pm

Today I figured out the wireless transmission over the two XBee modules
====

After running into the problems on Wednesday night, I brought all the solutions together and worked on configuring the modules.

====

I then went out and bought us a new servomotor. The one we had received turned out to be a continuous rotation servo, and this caused problems in created reproducible "wobbling" motion.

I visited a local hobby shop called "HobbyTown USA" and the manager there was very helpful in guiding my selection of the correct servo and giving other advice about the project.

====

Thomas, Federico, and I worked together to put the motor and wireless system together with the egg. Thomas coded the software to track infrared light that morning, so we also combined that part of the project in and got the Arduino and his software to talk to each other over wireless serial communication.
====

At the end of the day we demonstrated the project to Dr. Seo

No comments:

Post a Comment